Tuesday 17 August 2010

And the wind kept blowing....

It turns out that this is a very unlucky week for Channel swimming. The winds are howling, the seas are churning, and there are frustrated swimmers (and pilots) all over Dover, scrutinising the weather sites and exchanging gossip about the latest predictions. This, I suppose, is as much a part of Channel swimming as the training...or the swimming...but it's disappointing. My comfort at the moment is that I'm first in line, so I stand the best possible chance of a swim; I feel for those who are third or fourth.

I've swum in the harbour every day, just for an hour or two, and am trying to concentrate on eating well, getting lots of rest, and not going bananas.

More updates when I know anything, but the general expectation for now is that Wednesday and Thursday are out due to strong winds, but we're living in hope for the weekend...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and happy waiting, Karen. You're right, it's as much part of the "journey" as the training, eating and recovering..but it's very difficult to be up against something so utterly out of your control.

    Best of luck once you get there!

    Nic

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.