Saturday 31 March 2012

I wish I swam...

Every so often, I look through the different search terms that lead people to the blog. Most of them are very predictable ("Channel swimming"), a few are bit weird ("bottle in mouth"), and some are just annoying - in the case of this blog, mostly involving synchronised swimmer, Jenna Randall. 18 months ago, I wrote this post about a highly sexualised and completely non-swimming related "centrefold" of Randall in the Swimming Times. Not only is it consistently most viewed post on the blog, she dominates the search terms - sometimes just her name, or more creepily, things like "Jenna Randall swimsuit", or "Jenna Randall naked". All this sort of proves the point I was trying to make in the post ... but I digress.

So I looked through the search terms today, and one person had come to the blog via "I wish I swam". Whoever you are, I wish you did too. So if you're reading this, find a pool, sign up for some lessons and come and join the fun.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your blog, I am a non swimmer that set a goal of swimming the channel in 2015 and will be going thru blogs like yours for tips and motivation and I will tell my story on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Let me know your blog details when it's up and running. Good luck - let me know if there's anything i can do to help.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.